Our Commitment to the Environment
As an employee-owned company, West Press is committed to creating a cleaner workplace for the health and well-being of our employees as well as doing our part to create a cleaner environment for our children and grandchildren.
What West Press does to reduce, reuse and recycle:
- Our house paper is FSC certified and standardized to control waste and inventory.
- Any remaining soy ink from a press run used at our facility is stored, reused and recycled. Any mixed ink that hasn’t been used is held on-site until it is needed in the future.
- We use a computer-controlled calibration system and are G7 certified to ensure color accuracy. This has dramatically reduced the set-up waste needed to achieve usable press sheets.
- In 2013, we recycled over 2 tons of aluminum from our facility (primarily from printing plates).
- All wood at our facility (primarily from pallets) is recycled.
- We use a shared delivery system on all local deliveries to ensure maximum efficiency.
- We provide recycling services for customers’ outdated materials.
- All cardboard at our facility (primarily from boxes) is recycled.
- Approximately 92% of our paper waste is recycled or donated to schools.
- We’ve reduced our energy consumption by installing energy-efficient lighting in our facility.
- We offer digital printing services, ideal for short-run communications.
- We’ve programmed all thermostats to only cool/heat the building efficiently.
- Our production computers are dual-platform workstations to decrease our electronics footprint.
- We’ve reduced our direct mail waste by targeting our mailings and updating our lists frequently.