The United States Post Office (USPS) will be closed on the following federal holiday dates for 2020. Mail will not be delivered to customers or accepted at any postal location on these days. Please remember to build extra time into your direct mail schedule around these holidays to avoid delivery delays.
In 2020, five of the postal holidays fall on a Monday. Because bulk mail is not accepted on Saturday, we recommend mailing your campaign by the preceding Friday. Otherwise your campaign will not be delivered to the post office until the following Tuesday.
2020 United States Postal Holidays
- Wednesday, January 1 New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 20 Martin Luther King Jr. birthday
- Monday, February 17 Washington’s Birthday
- Monday, May 25 Memorial Day
- Friday, July 3 Independence Day *
- Monday, September 7 Labor Day
- Monday, October 12 Columbus Day
- Wednesday, November 11 Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 26 Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, December 25 Christmas Day
* : July 4, 2020 (the legal public holiday for Independence Day), falls on Saturday. For most Federal employees, Friday, July 3, will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes.
Unsure how the postal holiday schedule will affect on your direct mail campaign? Contact West Press’ talented customer service staff or your account executive at 888-637-0337 (toll-free) or 520-624-4939 (local).