The United States Post Office (USPS) will be closed on the following federal holiday dates for 2018. Mail will not be delivered to customers or accepted at any postal location on these days. Please remember to build extra time into your direct mail schedule around these holidays to avoid delivery delays.
In 2018, seven of the postal holidays fall on a Monday. Because bulk mail is not accepted on Saturday, we recommend mailing your campaign by the preceding Friday. Otherwise your campaign will not be delivered to the post office until the following Tuesday.
2018 United States Postal Holidays
- Monday, January 1 New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 15 Martin Luther King Jr. birthday
- Monday, February 19 Washington’s Birthday (observed)
- Monday, May 28 Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4 Independence Day
- Monday, September 3 Labor Day
- Monday, October 8 Columbus Day
- Monday, November 12 Veterans Day (observed)
- Thursday, November 22 Thanksgiving Day
- Tuesday, December 25 Christmas Day
Unsure how the postal holiday schedule will affect on your direct mail campaign? Contact West Press’ talented customer service staff or your account executive at 888-637-0337 (toll-free) or 520-624-4939 (local).