You may have reached a crossroads in your business’ life: Do we need an app or will a responsive website meet customers’ needs?
Effort isn’t the question since apps and websites are easy to create. Apps and responsive websites also have many of the same options, such as one-click calling, social sharing, e-commerce and click-to-map navigation. But there are plenty of differences.
Here are a few conversation starters to decide which option works best for you.
Pick the responsive website!
- Phone space is limited and apps require a download, while responsive websites don’t. Most customers of local businesses search for information in a regular browser, and a responsive web design will allow them to connect with your business without additional marketing to point them to your app.
- Responsive websites are also easier to maintain. When you need to update information, all you have to do is change it once in the responsive website editor and it will automatically make those updates across all device types regardless of the operating system.
- A responsive website makes it easier for users to share and link to your content. All you need to do is share the URL.
- Content from your website can appear in search results, enabling customers to discover your product.
Go with the app!
- Apps allow you to send push notifications to your customers (with their permission) and often can be used offline. Because apps aren’t directly accessible on the internet, you don’t always need to be connected to the internet to access them.
- Apps give users the opportunity to set up their preferences once they download them. They can also track and observe user engagement and use it to offer custom recommendations and updates to users. They can also identify user location in real time to provide specific content.
- A well-designed app can perform actions quicker than a mobile website. Apps usually store their data locally on mobile devices while websites generally use web servers. Apps can further save users’ time by storing their preferences and using them to take proactive actions on the users’ behalf.
- Apps can normally access all the functionality of the chosen device, such as a camera, microphone and Bluetooth.
Take a little time to think and decide. What works best for you?
West Press’ talented staff is here to help you each step of the way — from graphic design to printing to mailing services to large format to website development. Contact West Press or your Account Executive at 520-624-4939 today.