When you work with a commercial printer, you get a collaborative team of experts who specialize in learning about your needs and tailoring a plan. It is important to trust the experts to help you make decisions and optimize project affordability.
A commercial printer’s goal is to keep costs in check without sacrificing quality. Some of the best ways include:
- Choosing a printer that makes suggestions and guides you through the process. Finding a partner that acts as a consultant will lead to the best and most cost-effective results.
- Getting samples and proofs of work to ensure that you are on the same page.
- Using the most appropriate technology for each type of product you are using. Inquire with your consultant to determine that they have considered all options.
- Striking an ideal balance for achieving efficient digital and offset work. Ask your printer what they think would be appropriate for your job.
Of course, price carries a lot of weight in decisions regardless of the printer you choose. Here are factors that are considered when determining a project’s price:
- Type of product (brochures, large-format, etc.)
- Quantity (usually the more you print of a single piece, the less each one costs)
- Quality (paper stock, die-cuts, etc.)
- Color vs. black and white
- Printing method (digital vs. offset)
This is a basic list, but it covers the main points of what affects prices. Projects have varied requirements and options. Choosing the right way shouldn’t sacrifice quality and should ensure the most efficient cost when you work with a commercial printer.
West Press’ talented staff is here to help you each step of the way — from graphic design to printing to mailing services to large format to website development. Contact West Press or your Account Executive at 520-624-4939 today.