While marketing budgets are getting tight, we all still must let our customers know we’re there to serve them. That means we have to be willing to spend money but we also must be extra careful with every dollar to ensure we’re getting the best return on our investments.
It’s hard to call any advertising option a sure thing, but it’s proven that audiences love interesting videos. YouTube is the world’s second-most popular website (behind Google) and 81 percent of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
Here are a few facts that should inspire you to start including or increase video content on your website and email marketing platforms.
- YouTube viewers watch more than one billion hours of video on the site each day.
- By next year, online videos will make up more than 82% of consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than in 2017. That’s a lot of growth in five years.
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Video is expected to make up 82% of internet traffic this year.
Video is also worth the investment on your social media sites.
- Social posts with video get almost 50% more views than those that don’t.
- Facebook has more than 8 billion video views per day.
- Social video gets shared 1,200% more than text and images combined.
- Almost three-quarters of American adults use YouTube.
- Ninety percent of Instagram users follow a business.
- Tweets that include video result in 10 times more engagement than those without.
Ready to enter the world of video or just looking for a few ideas to improve on what you’re doing? Check back next week for our blog about the types of video content that best attract and retain customers.
West Press’ talented staff is here to help you each step of the way — from graphic design to printing to mailing services to large format to website development. Contact West Press or your Account Executive at 520-624-4939 today.